The National Electric Vehicle Strategy sets a vision to increase the uptake of electric vehicles (EVs) to reduce our emissions and improve the wellbeing of Australians.
The Strategy sets out 3 key objectives:
- increase the supply of affordable and accessible EVs
- establish the resources, systems and infrastructure to enable rapid EV uptake
- encourage increased EV demand.
Implementing initiatives under the objectives will help us deliver the following outcomes:
- expand EV availability and choice
- reduce road transport emissions
- make it easy to charge EVs across Australia
- increase local manufacturing and recycling
- make EVs more affordable
- reduce the cost to Australians of running their vehicles.